As China’s most influential travel industry event, the 2015 TravelDaily Conference–Building Momentum, held in Shanghai September 16-17, attracted more than 1200 representatives from 22 countries from OTAs, hotels, airlines, GDS, tourism boards, travel agencies, destination, tourism science and technology, and investment institutions from around the world. The underlying thread of the conference’s sessions combined a global vision of tourism development and the development trends specific to China’s tourism industry.
Wei Xia, DerbySoft’s VP of New Product and Services, was invited to join the Executive Roundtable to discuss “How to Use Big Data to Turn Travellers into Loyalists” during the morning session of the second day. Mr. Xia’s contributions to the roundtable included this comment regarding how to use big data to increase conversion rate for hotels on the Meta search channels, and how big data could benefit the marketing service in general.
- Wei Xia, Vice President of New Products and Services, DerbySoft
- Richard Bai, Vice President, eLong
- Alan Hicks, Director of Research & Development, CarTrawler
- David Chen, Client Partner, Travel, Greater China, Facebook
- Allen Qu, Founder & CEO, Netconcepts
- Moderated by: Joe Xu, Senior Vice President, Super 8 (China)